[dropcap]H[/dropcap]ow the Affordable Care Act (ACA) works:
- All Americans have access to health insurance options. Insurance Companies are not allowed to refuse to offer coverage due to pre-existing conditions or gender.
- Companies cannot charge higher rate due to gender or health conditions.(excluding tobacco use)
- Lifetime limits amounts on most benefits are banned for all new Health Insurance Plans.
- Young adults under the age of 26 may be eligible to be covered under their parent’s health plan.
- Preventive Care is covered at no cost to you.
- Plans must have minimum standards for Health Insurance policies. (essential benefits)
- You may qualify for tax credits or lower cost sharing if your household family income meets certain criteria. In order to enroll in a plan with cost sharing you must do this through the Health Insurance Marketplace. ( see attached)
- If income does not warrant cost savings; enrollment in a plan may be completed through an agent for submission directly to the carrier, by shopping directly with the carrier or by submission through the Federal Marketplace
- Health Care plans are divided in a series of Metal Levels, depending on the costs and level of benefits. Platinum covers the most, followed by Gold, then Silver, and Bronze covers the least. Depending on age and income level, there may be a Catastrophic Level available; it is the lowest level of coverage.
- Open Enrollment has ended and will re-open November 1, 2016 for a January 1, 2017 Effective date.
- Special Enrollment is a period of qualifying events. Certain changes in life events can allow a person to sign up for a plan outside of open enrollment. (See attached.)
RLG Financial Concepts offers Health Insurance through: