How Medicare Advantage works:
- Provided by insurance companies that are approved by Medicare. (CMS)
- The Health plan will pay for your services not Medicare. You are still in Medicare; it is just a different way of getting Medicare benefits.
- Medicare Advantage plans are sometimes called (Part C) or MA plans.
- Can be similar to HMO(Health Maintenance Organizations) or PPO (Preferred Provider Organizations) that you may have carried be in the past.
- Combines your Medicare Part A, Part B and Part D coverage into one convenient plan. ( if you pick a plan with prescription drug coverage)
- Includes coverage that goes beyond Original Medicare such as prescription drug coverage, possibly dental, vision, hearing, fitness benefits and sometimes more.
- To be eligible, you must have both Medicare Part A & B, you must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium (unless paid for by another third party or Medicaid.) Must live in the plan’s service area. Must not have End Stage Renal Disease-some exception can apply.
- Affordable premiums with predictable Co-Pays when utilizing services.
To learn more about Medicare visit www.medicare.gov
RLG Financial Concepts offers Medicare Advantage Plans through the following companies:
United Health Care